People quite often ask what are the differences between Webasto’s FCF Classic and FCF Platinum series marine A/C units.
Both the Webasto FCF Classic and Platinum series are intelligently designed, quiet, energy-efficient, and offer high BTU/h ratings across a variety of ambient scenarios. Both are reliable and have the same two year warranty from Webasto.
Both carry the same compressor, condenser, and blower, and both come standard with a digital control. However, here are some key differences between both series:
Webasto FCF Classic Series
- The Webasto FCF Classic has a steady fan speed
- Only comes in 12,000 and 16,000 BTU models
- Good replacement option for the Dometic ECD Units
- More square base – will not work if space is an issue and trying to replace a Dometic DTU / DTG*
Webasto FCF Platinum Series
- The Webasto FCF Platinum Series includes an additional capacitor controls fan speeds allowing a greater range between low and high speeds
- When the set temperature is reached, fan goes to very low speed to reduce noise even further
- Comes in 6,000, 10,000, 12,000, 16,000, 20,000 and 25,000 BTU models
- Good replacement option for the Dometic DTU / DTG Units – Similar footprint
- Longer, narrower base
For the Webasto FCF Platinum Series, see here…
Comparison of Dimensions – Webasto FCF Classic to Platinum Series Units
Webasto Marine Air Conditioning Units For Sale – Free US Shipping
We carry Webasto’s complete line of marine air conditioners, including the FCF Classic, FCF Platinum, Blue Cool, C Series Chillers and more. Free US Shipping. Two-Year Warranty on all units. See here: Webasto Marine Air Conditioners
Questions, comments, we’re here!
*Previously sold as Cruisair STX / STQ and Marine Air VTD units