Icom M88 Handheld VHF Radio
Commercial-grade Marine VHF with Land Mobile Channels
The IC-M88 is built tough to withstand hazardous and inhospitable environments at sea and on land. Even if the IC-M88 is dropped into water, complete waterproofing (JIS-7) will protect it from harm. The compact and durable body has been tested to military specifications (MIL-STD).
Six clearly labeled buttons on the front panel and the volume/power knob maximize simplicity of operation. Even when wearing gloves, the large buttons are easy to operate. A large, clear LCD with backlighting and backlit buttons make night time operation simple.
Li-Ion Battery for Extra Long Battery Life
With the standard 1700mAh Li-Ion battery pack, the BP-227, you can get up to 15 hours of talk time without worrying about ‘memory effect’ on batteries. An optional AA alkaline battery case, BP-226, provides a convenient back up and great reassurance in an emergency. (Typical operation: 5% TX, 5% RX, 90% standby)
Waterproof Speaker-microphone, HM-138
An optional waterproof speaker-microphone, the HM-138, provides reliable operation, even with the IC-M88 securely on your belt.
22 Programmable Channels for Land Use
The IC-M88 has 22 programmable channels reserved for land use (146–174MHz). Wide/narrow channel spacing is programmable for each channel and CTCSS and DTCS signaling is built-in.
- · Auto WX scan and WX Alert function (U.S.A. version only)
- · Simple Up/Down switches for operating channel selection
- · Instant access to Ch. 16 and Ch. 9 (or call channel)
- · Simple add/delete TAG scanning operation
- · Powerful 5W output
- · Two step power saver
- · Four level battery indicator
- · The self-check function checks internal temperature, connected battery voltage (over voltage detection), and water intrusion
In the box:
- · IC-M88 Handheld VHF
- · Li-Ion Battery Pack
- · Battery Charger
- · AC Adapter
- · Swivel Belt Clip & hand strap
- · Antenna
- · Owner’s manual