Racor 2010SM-OR / 2 Micron
Diesel engine injector tolerances are measured in microns and the latest engines inject fuel at pressures over 30,000 psi (207 kpa). Under these conditions, the smallest particle of dirt or water can score and erode precision components; leading to damage to engines, operations, and profitability.
Racor Turbine Series FF/WS have exceptional water removing efficiency for both bulk and emulsified water, low restriction of fuel flow and high dirt-holding capacity. The heart of the system is the three coalescing and filtration stages powered by the patented Aquabloc® filter element.
Filtration StagesStage 1 Separation: As fuel enters the filter assembly, it moves through the (stationary) turbine centrifuge and spins off large solids and water droplets which fall to the bottom of the collection bowl.
Stage 2 Coalescing: Small water droplets bead-up on the surface of the conical baffle and cartridge element. When heavy enough, they fall to the bottom of the collection bowl.
Stage 3 Filtration: Proprietary Aquabloc® cartridge elements repel water and remove solid contaminants from fuel at 98% efficiency of their micron rating. Water collecting on the surface of the element coalesces into larger drops that fall into the collection bowl.
Features and Benefits• An integral bail handle makes change-outs easy.
• Racor’s toll-free number is shown on the end cap. It puts you in touch with Racor’s technical service staff who can answer any availability, application, or service question.
• Aquabloc® media is a blend of high-grade cellulose compounded with resins and a special chemical treatment.
• Genuine Racor Turbine Series are compatible with UL Approved Turbine Housings
|Filter Housing Series||500|
|Micron Rating||98% at 4 microns|
|Series Type||Cartridge FF/WS|
|Diameter (in/cm)||3.1 in / 7.9 cm|
|Height (in/cm)||2.7 in / 6.9 cm|
|Weight (oz/kg)||2.8 oz / 0.08 kg|
|Media||Aquabloc "2 micron"|
Racor’s ultra-high-efficiency Aquabloc® media is an engineered blend of distinct media formulations – high-grade cellulose compounded with engineered fibers and chemical treatments proven to block water.
Aquabloc® - The Inside History
• High contaminant capacity allows less frequent filter changes, boosting operating economy.
• Aquabloc® media is both corrugated and pleated to keep pleats open and present a large effective filtration surface area to the diesel fuel flow.
• The high dirt-holding capacity Aquabloc® media dramatically extends the life of final-stage on-engine filters and reduces the overall cost of filtration maintenance.
• Aquabloc® cartridge filter elements are available in 2, 10, and 30 micron ratings so that protection can be tailored to the application, fuel quality, operating environments and service schedules.
• Aquabloc® media helps OEMs diesel engines adhere to rigid government emission standards.
• A fuel filter/water separator with replaceable cartridge element is the lowest-cost filtration solution.
Applications• All diesel engines with a Turbine Series filtration system
• Marine, generator, construction, on highway, off highway